Saturday 25 January 2014

Coruscate Unique REVIEW - JSK


I just received my dress from Coruscate Unique.
I was so incredibly thrilled!
<3 This dress is an absolute dream dress <3

Sizing:
Bust 33 inch - 35 inch
Waist 28 inch - 30 inch
Length of the dress (from top shoulder) 90 cm or 35 1/4 inch

I am a 35" (bust) -30" (waist) figure, and 176 cm (5'9"),
so I knew I was taking a risk ordering this dress.

And sadly enough, it didn't fit.
I have an athletic build and rather broad rib cage.
(It's brilliant with big lungs when running 10 km,
but pretty lame when trying on Asian sized dresses :P)

I'm really sad.
This is actually the third
Lolita dress that I have bought online,
that doesn't fit.

Clearly I must stop to think that
just because I have the same size
as the Asian dressmaker says,
it doesn't mean it will fit a tall girl like me.
This dress is sewn for a petite figure, and I must realise, that I don't cut it :(

Only custome-made orders for me from now on! :P

Anyhow, 
for all you pretty petites out there, here is a review :D


Coruscate Unique is an Indonesia-based Indie Lolita Brand.
Zu and Aditya Roosandy are two young designers and entrepreneurs that have an amazing eye for what looks good in Lolita fashion :)

They have been published in magazines and have had many fashion shows :)

Wiii! :) Dream dress third from right :)

The dresses are sold through their showroom and 
different Internet shops, 
like Etsy and Facebook.


The dress cost 162 USD + 18.30 USD for shipping. In this price, a free Organza petticoat is included.
I also received a free matching ribbon, when I requested it by email. All email contact was very sweet and cheerful! :)

Nice gift wrapped box from Coruscate Unique.

Logo stamp on inner box.

 Matching ribbon on top :)

Two packets, one containing the petti and one containing JSK + ribbon.

Nice organza petticoat - giving a medium poof.

 Layers!

 The ribbon has lace on the diadem part, a nice touch by Coruscate Unique :)

 Lace detail.


 Detail of eyelet lace on diadem part.


 Adds from Coruscate Unique

 I loooove this print :) OMG it's just SO adorable!

 Beautiful JSK

 Label

 Very good sewing. Overlock, good shirring.

Magically soft chiffon underskirt :)!

Beautiful chiffon underskirt, in the entire JSK, adding pretty poof! :)

 Ribbon detail

 So cool print! :)
Close-up detail.

 Back

Detail of zipper. Look how well the zipper matches the dress print! :D

 Lined inside.

 The ribbon on the front is attached by hand.

No pattern-matching, but I haven't seen any Lolita brand care about that, not even the really nice brands such as Baby the Stars Shine Bright.

This is a stunning, well-made and beautiful JSK!

The matching ribbon really makes it perfect :)
I'm giving Coruscate Unique 5/5 Hazelbelle Nuts for beautiful design and excellent craftsmanship! :)


Review:
Did the items match the pictures on Etsy? 5/5 Absolutely!
Where the items of good quality? 5/5 Very good quality.
How was the sellers communication? 5/5 plus stars for all the cute emails! :)
Cost versus quality? 5/5 Absolutely affordable! Good indie-brand price.

Hope you enjoyed this review :)
'Til next time...
HUGZ/ Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...